You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Objects locked on page after trying the (non working) Outline view

Beta - 1.7.0.178 / Windows 10

Possibly because I use a non-standard Windows scaling of 120% and possibly related to the Outline view not working, but if I draw a shape like an ellipse or rectangle then toggle on/off the Outline view, I can then no longer move the shape. I can select it, change it’s colour, delete it etc just can’t move it on the page or resize it, either dragging an edge with the pointer or changing the size values in the Transform panel. I’ve checked it’s not locking the shapes in the Layers panel.

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Jonopen,

Does this happen on a brand new document? I've just tried it myself and I can move the object (once I've switched to the move tool) and can resize it without a problem. Are you able to record a video showing your entire screen please?

Hi Sean, yes it was a new document (a default web svga page)

When I tried this morning, initially I couldn't get it to happen, then suddenly it did. Unfortunately once I had opened and setup my video capture app (screencast-o-matic) it was ok again! If it happens during the course of the day, I'll be ready for it!

Another possibly related observation, but after opening the program, starting a new document, and drawing (for example) a rectangle, when I move it across the page it doesn't move smoothly ie it jumps as if it were snapping to a grid (which I've checked is off). Once it has been moved about for several seconds the movement becomes smooth. I've tried to make a video capture of this happening (attached). 

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.