Pattou

Gradient map : presets are missing in v.1.7

Hi,

I did create a few gradient maps to colour tone some images in beta 1.6 but they are now missing in 1.7 beta... all lost.

There is not yet the possibility to use the colour gradient to colour tone a picture and it is a kind of pity to have a very efficient colour gradient tool which can not be used further TMHO.

Cheers,

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

The app data areas of the release build and the customer beta are independent, so when installing 1.7.0 beta it will pick up customer made presets of 1.6.x beta (if there are any) but not release ones.

The final release of 1.7.0 will pick up the settings for 1.6.x release.

Does that answer your question?

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The app data areas of the release build and the customer beta are independent, so when installing 1.7.0 beta it will pick up customer nade presets of 1.6.x beta (if there are any) but not release ones.

The final release of 1.7.0 will pick up the settings for 1.6.x release.

Does that answer your question?

It makes sense, thanks, but my "gradient map" presets made in beta 1.6 were not picked up by beta 1.7 when installing. Only one (the default one I guess) is present.

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

16 minutes ago, Pattou said:

It makes sense, thanks, but my "gradient map" presets made in beta 1.6 were not picked up by beta 1.7 when installing. Only one (the default one I guess) is present.

Patrick

That's worrying... We may need to check why

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Hey Pattou,

I just reinstalled a 1.6 beta and added a Gradient Map preset. I then installed 1.7 over the top and my preset was remembered. I'm not entirely sure what might have gone wrong for you o.O

Do you still have the 1.6 beta installer so you could try and reproduce your issue?

6 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey Pattou,

I just reinstalled a 1.6 beta and added a Gradient Map preset. I then installed 1.7 over the top and my preset was remembered. I'm not entirely sure what might have gone wrong for you o.O

Do you still have the 1.6 beta installer so you could try and reproduce your issue?

Hi Chris,

I do not know either but they are gone :S I will try hard to remember for which photo I've used them to save them again as presets.

By hte way, where di I have to look for these presets on the hard drive ?

No, I do not have 1.6 installer.

Patrick

I believe they are stored in an adjustments.propcol file located in your AppData. 

If you press the Windows key + R and type in %appdata% and then navigate to Affinity > Photo > 1.0 (Beta) > user you will find it.

As long as the presets were made in a beta they will be saved in the 1.0 (Beta) folder and carry over. Any newer beta's should pick up the same 1.0 (Beta) folder. If it was made in a release version, they will be using the 1.0 folder (no Beta in the name) and will not pick them up.

It sounds like you may have either done a reset on the app (clears the propcol file amongst other things) or made them in a non-beta version. If that isn't true, this is worrying as Patrick Connor said above.

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I believe they are stored in an adjustments.propcol file located in your AppData. 

If you press the Windows key + R and type in %appdata% and then navigate to Affinity > Photo > 1.0 (Beta) > user you will find it.

As long as the presets were made in a beta they will be saved in the 1.0 (Beta) folder and carry over. Any newer beta's should pick up the same 1.0 (Beta) folder. If it was made in a release version, they will be using the 1.0 folder (no Beta in the name) and will not pick them up.

It sounds like you may have either done a reset on the app (clears the propcol file amongst other things) or made them in a non-beta version. If that isn't true, this is worrying as Patrick Connor said above.

Thanks !

I never made a reset for APhoto (only for the last APub betas as recommended) and I've been only using APhoto betas since the 2(or 3) last beta releases. I've found the file and it is only 11 Ko...

But, in APhoto relase (1.6.5.123), I have four of these presets (+ the default one) and the file is 8 Ko.

11 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I did copy-save the file of the beta in the release folder and its size became 5 Ko with only 2 presets (+ the default one). Do not know if it made sense to try this...

I install ver. 1.7 on a second PC and I have lost my workspace and the gradient map presets. One single default preset is there instead of three which were installed with ver. 1.6.

Patrick

Capture.PNG

Hi Patrick,

It sounds as though we need to look into this some more, then.

As mentioned before, updating to a new beta should use the same appdata folder and you should not lose the presets.

Thanks for the update.