You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

after Install Problems

I have problems after installing .164  - installation / update works smoothly but the icon only flicker up and the program does not start. Is this maybe a W10 UpDateProblem ... ??? I have already several times uninstalled, cleaned, shut down and reinstalled, started as Admin .... always the same ... Publisher does not start. Photo / Designer and all other programs are working fine ....... there is a log file from Serif ???? to find out the error ??? that would be helpful. as i said, only publisher is affected ....

Well, my problem was solved by a crashed W10. Now, after reinstalling, everything works again. - a miracle has happened....  w10 so good...

..and the work [with W10] does not stop there !!!

Edited by Gottfried

I'm having the same problem. It worked at first before I installed the Photo and Designer betas. I don't know if it's related but after I installed the other betas now publisher won't open. The same thing that happens to Gottfried the splash screen shows up and then goes away and the program never comes up.   Win10, 64bit, and my system is set to English. I'm attaching my log.txt file.

Log.txt

On 11/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, Gottfried said:

181128 Well, my problem was solved by a crashed W10. Now, after reinstalling, everything works again. - a miracle has happened....  w10 so good...

..and the work [with W10] does not stop there !!!

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Do you mean Windows 10? Did you have to clean install the OS to make it work?

yes, I had to set it up anew because it's greasy when I reset to a restore point. So, start over again, but now it works. ... and again I have to rethink my backup policy .... anyway, now the publisher works again. PS: I only work with full versions of Affinity, and I've been sorting and making decisions for a long time [ACDSee 2019] and I'm very happy.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.