You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher Beta and Pen tablet issues

I am using a Huion Tablet (Q11K V2). The table works great with photoshop, Illustrator and other Mac Programs (photo, etc) Problem is only with all three Affinity apps (desktop). For example, in Affinity Photo when I click on a menu item or tool, the image is moved all most off the screen area. I have to use the hand tool to reposition it. When I use a slider; I can move it but after moving it the slider pulls back to the original position. In essence the pen/tablet is mostly unusable. I have no problems with this tablet in Photoshop, Illustrator, On1 Raw, Lightroom, etc. Not sure what the issue is with the three Affinity apps. I love Affinity Photo, Designer, etc., and would love to be able to use the tablet with them. Any ideas??

James

• Staff

Hi James,

We have had this issue once in the past but the issue was resolved by installing a newer version of the Publisher beta. Does this still happen in the below beta build?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Yes, I just downloaded the lastest beta and it is still doing it. I am also having the same issues with Affinity Photo and Designer. The issue is occurring with all three products. I had to change tablets with Mac OS 10.14 as my old Wacom tablet didn’t work with 10.14 and there was no driver update due to my Wacom tablet being so old. Hence I purchased a new Hurion tablet. Any other ideas?? Maybe I can do a screen video showing the issues.

James

• Staff

A screen recording would make this easier if you could provide one that would be great :)  I know you said the tablet works with other apps but if possible could you try reinstalling the tablet drivers to see if that makes any difference? 

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Callum - Attached is a short saved screen showing part of the issue. You will see when I tried to adjust levels notice when how the sliders work with the tablet pen. This time Affinity Photo did not jump the image when I tried to activate a menu item. Usually it does. No clue what not this time. The sliders are by far the bigger issue. Once you watch the video let me know what you think. BTW, the same happens when I work in Affinity Designer or Publisher.

Thanks!!

James

I was able to resolve the issue. Turns out, for some wierd reason, I had the tablet plugged into a USB 3.0 7 station hub. When I plugged it into my iMac keyboard the tablet worked great with Affinity Photo, Designer and the beta of Publisher. The keyboard is a USB 2.0 keyboard. Not sure why this worked but it did. Issue resolved plus the tablet is a great tablet.

James