You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A forum is NOT a bug tracking system!

Serif are obviously using this forum to receive and acknowledge bug reports, but what makes you think they’re also using it to track those bugs? As for transparency, Serif is a private commercial concern, not an open-source community, so it makes sense for them to be circumspect about what they post to public forums such as these.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, mondze said:

My point is that it is not transparent whether errors are acknowledged or processed.

What have you reported but been left wondering about? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

As for transparency, Serif is a private commercial concern, not an open-source community, so it makes sense for them to be circumspect about what they post to public forums such as these. 

Serif obviously can deal with this as they like - but there's numerous commercial software products with public Bug/Feature-Trackers.

I agree with mondze that that one as a user often has no idea whether a bug report or feature-request has even been read by staff.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that users, and I add that staff, could benefit from a public issue tracking system; but, there are disadvantages for staff (non-technical wall-of-text bug report spam, exposure of sensitive internal communication). I have reated a feature suggestion post that attempts to solve the disadvantages of both sides, and hopefully will promote constructive discussion.