You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Attaching a node (corner) to the edge of another object, precisely

I am working with non-symmetric rhomboidal shapes and trying to do some nice inlayed "chevrons" on the design for pop.

SEE EX1.JPG: For example, here is one shape with inlays. I would like the gold inlays' nodes to precisely fall/attach to the edge of the blue shape beneath so that there is no bleed.

The troublesome part is the upper inlay, in this area (See Screen Shot).

Getting the upper node to snap is ... well ... a snap because it snaps precisely to the node beneath (the point of the blue shape).

However, the lower node - I would like this node to snap to the edge of the blue shape beneath it precisely. The best I have been able to do is zoom in dozens of levels and keep adjusting the node closer and closer  to the blue edge, though this is...not precise, just "close" (see second screen shot, zoomed in...alot).

Is it possible to snap a node to the edge of another shape?

ex1.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 1.04.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 1.08.10 PM.png