You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel layer and object odd artifact.

969684406_odddes.thumb.jpeg.f554acee020a867b4e6469585f55b366.jpeg

I think this is just weird. No real problem that I can see. the little blue dot is the lower right of the non visible bounding box for the ellipse and the rounded corner rectangle. the cursor has 'dragged' the dot over to where the cursor is (I was not expecting anything to be done because the Pixel layers are empty). When I try to rotate it (the blue dot) nothing at all happens just 0 degrees is displayed. You only need to select one Pixel layer and one object for this to happen. Just weird.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, A_B_C said:

And you are working with interesting dimensions … ;)

Just the standard two.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

• Staff

Hi OldBruce,

Can you record a video showing the behaviour please? I'm not sure I completely understand what the issue is. What does look completely wrong however are the dimensions shown in your Transform Panel and on the screen. If you could also attach that file that would also help!

Thanks!

I can duplicate this behavior easily. All that is required is a document with one vector shape layer (any kind) & one empty pixel layer. Select both layers with the Move Tool active. One blue dot that looks like the lower right control handle of a bounding box appears. Drag on that & the super long width & height dimensions readout appears, & the Transform panel dimensions all temporarily become some weird value.

Pixel layer & object artifact.afdesign

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 hours ago, A_B_C said:

(It seems the empty pixel layer is considered infinite or at least very large in size.)

Cool. Never would have thought of the emptiness being nearly infinite in size.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.