ChrisSmere

What's the cat tool for? :-)​​​​​​​

Hey!

Was playing aroung with the newest beta and found the "cat tool" (also in the stable versions). It's only visible when customizing the tools and can be placed in the tool sidebar. Hmm. I do like cats :-) so thanks for that!

:79_smiley_cat:

Chris

cat.PNG

Btw: This made me look also in APhoto and the "customis tool" dialog seems a little bit odd. See screenshot. There are three texts in it making the dialog very big. If I set the app to German (see second screenshot) I am not able to see the reset or close buttons (the three corresponding labels in German are much bigger making the columns very wide I seems).

toolseng.PNG

toolsger.PNG

It seems that the team responsible for coding Photo and Publisher doesn't love cat at all. :)

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

2 hours ago, ChrisSmere said:

It's only visible when customizing the tools

Not so! There’s a modifier key that you can hold down which will make the cat appear when you click on the little white triangle to display the toolbar flyout. :ph34r:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

2 hours ago, Petar Petrenko said:

It seems that the team responsible for coding Photo and Publisher doesn't love cat at all. :)

That's not true - if you go to View -> Customise Tools in every Affinity software you get the cat tool :-)

1 hour ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Not so! There’s a modifier key that you can hold down which will make the cat appear when you click on the little white triangle to display the toolbar flyout. :ph34r:

There is also the option to define a keyboard shortcut for the cat tool :272_cat2:

10 hours ago, ChrisSmere said:

That's not true - if you go to View -> Customise Tools in every Affinity software you get the cat tool :-)

But in Designer it is in the "Shapes" tool, no need to go to "Customize".

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5