You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Poor colour rendition in Affinity Publisher

I have only just tried Publisher. On setting up the colour preferences and the PDF outputting settings that best replicate what I have in Adobe InDesign, I not only found that a JPEG placed in Publisher was high in colour saturation and not the colour I had got it printed in InDesign.  I created a PDF from Affinity Publisher and InDesign and it is quite clear to see that there is a distinct difference. The PDF created in InDesign is much more preferable and realistic to the image I expected. Affinity Publisher does not match this quality.

Test from Affinity Publisher.pdf

Test from Adobe InDesign.pdf

4 hours ago, Graham Hermon said:

I have only just tried Publisher. On setting up the colour preferences and the PDF outputting settings that best replicate what I have in Adobe InDesign, I not only found that a JPEG placed in Publisher was high in colour saturation and not the colour I had got it printed in InDesign.  I created a PDF from Affinity Publisher and InDesign and it is quite clear to see that there is a distinct difference. The PDF created in InDesign is much more preferable and realistic to the image I expected. Affinity Publisher does not match this quality.

Test from Affinity Publisher.pdf

Test from Adobe InDesign.pdf

Following MikeW's comment that I had created a PDF from APub using RGB colour space, he was indeed correct. The image looks quite correct now in APub.

4 hours ago, MikeW said:

Your PDF from APub is using the RGB color space. I don't know if that would produce such a variance or not and wouldn't know without source files.

Mike

Following your comment that I had created a PDF from APub using RGB colour space, you were indeed correct. The image looks quite correct now in APub. Thanks for pointing this out.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.