This one is probably more for the photo team, but since I've found this in Publisher and haven't had a chance to test the new Photo beta yet I'm posting this here in case it's Publisher specific.

Option+dragging a slider in the Levels dialog in the RGB setting always shows a completely black image for me when dragging the black point and a white image for the white point instead of accurately showing the usual clipping preview image with a threshold effect. In LAB mode, Option+dragging the Luminosity slider shows a black image with some of the chrominance information on top. Dragging the slider does not change the clipping preview image at all.

Double-clicking a slider to reset it also doesn't work, but I'm not sure if that feature was ever there in the past.

Moreover, there seems to be no way to use precise 8-bit/16-bit or floating point values in the numeric input fields, only a percentage. This might be required when images need to comply to a precise standard such as broadcast limits, old-school screen printing processes that don't work with ICC profiles, or when performing operations that need to be reversed exactly by a layer on top (say, when trying to preserve detail when using a third-party 3D LUT that has an excessive linear contrast operation built in) and so on.

Hi Peter Werner

The clipping is a known issue with OSs older than High Sierra

The reset was not a function previously so this is ok

I shall pass over the information about using 8 and 16 bit values for the levels control

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com