You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bonjour a l’équipe de Serif,

Je suis désoler, mais je trouve le design des nouveaux icônes beaucoup moins bien que celui d'avant.

• il n'y a pas assez de contraste
  • il manque de relief et d'ombre (on déteste cette sale mode du Flat)
  • Vive la 3D et la couleur vive lol

Merci pour votre retour sur le sujet
Bonne journée

While your opinion is welcome, that does not mean you represent the majority.

This particular program (Publisher) is currently not worth buying in any event (assuming it is released with the present lack of functionality for publishing anything) so the icon hardly matters but it is apparent that these flat, ugly squares are about to replace the icons for the real programs (Photo and Designer) and they are among the best software products currently available.

That being the case, it is not possible for there to be too many threads objecting to this change.

I have been writing and publishing for a long time.   Publisher is not currently for sale, because it is in Beta, but when the first commercial version is ready,  I will be purchasing it on Day One -- I am sure only one of hundreds of thousands of others.    I may not think the new icon is as attractive as it might be, but it is so unimportant in the scheme of things.   What IS attractive is that for those of us who have been waiting for a long time, we are in the process of getting a splendid initial-version alternative to the Adobe prison.     In my humble opinion, the Publisher, Photo, and Designer icons can be whatever the developers decide.      

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

As have I, and yes, it is in Beta so not for sale just yet.

When this Publisher program can manage to perform the two main publishing tasks in the world today - digital books and web based projects, I will be buying it too.

At the moment, it only does little booklets etc so not a priority for me.

As for the icons, most software designers try for something eye-catching and relevant, as the Affinity team have done until today.

My current two Affinity programs are the best I have ever used (for Photos and Design). Perhaps in version 2 or 3, Publisher will reach that level.

I didn't realize the icon had changed. Just downloaded the new Beta and... wow that is ugly. I much prefer the old splash screen and icon. I have these in my dock all the time and that new one I would not want to have to look at all the time. I much prefer the old one, for the record. The old one was plain but not too plain.

The new square icons will be coming to Photo and Designer. I posted on Twitter about the Publisher icon and got sent this by someone who is using the Beta versions of all applications.

The icons look better when you see all three but I still prefer the triangular ones.

pilcrowEU_2018-Nov-20.jpg.cf5e6a30170edf879c562b8c105d2f01.jpg

As for the splash screen, it's just very plain and boring, especially compared to Photo and Designer.

168088396_Publishersplashscreen.jpg.47f8485f4164a163061f4477a62d9339.jpg

765944015_Photosplashscreen.jpg.40e8a323b72838d726531ac7644aa50d.jpg

1564056789_Designersplashscreen.jpg.16c4fb2ad34ff15b255690f98ca671e5.jpg

He never fails to achieve new heights in being stupid...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just so you know, the icons are changing yet again. Now they have a 3D-ish sort of treatment.

I mean, I'm all for improvements, and all, but don't the guys at Serif know a thing or two about brand equity? I know, I know, this was a case of harmonising the Mac and Windows app icons with those of the iOS versions, but I seriously hope they freeze their branding until the end of the 1.x branch… The same goes for the splash screens; once there's an Affinity v.2.x out, having them stay consistent across point updates is a good way of distinguishing each major version.