You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Switching from AD to APhoto issue

Hello!

Finally the new versions are here - thank you so much!

I have Win7 (don't know how it works on Win10) and the newest Betas: Something odd happens when you are in AD and use the File > Edit in APhoto option. APhoto opens with the correct file from AD but if I want to close it it get stuck with the message about that the file is being opened at the moment and I have to wait to close the program. To close it I have to force it with the task manager. Tried it with different files (also with empty ones) - same result. If I tried it the other way round (Edit in AD from APhoto) it's the same situation.

The stable versions interact perfectly - tried the same and no problems.

Hope this feedback is useful.

Cheers,
Chris

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

On Windows 10, I open Affinity Designer:

• Create a new file.
  • Do something.
  • Go for Edit in Photo.
  • I can close Affinity Designer.

Best regards!

So, this might be a Win7 thing =)

Will try it at home on my Win10 machines.

Thanks for the quick response!

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

I noticed something: the thing I can't do is to close Affinity Photo. That's where I get the message. Sorry I didn't try that.

image.png.034f7da9696f7e7e21afce560baa53dd.png

Best regards!

Ah, so it might be something. In my case neither direction works without getting stuck. The program the file is sent to gets stuck and the program of the file's origin works fine. So it's not a big deal in this case.

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay! I've reproduced that here and will get it passed on to development! 

Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Sean,

I am glad I could help!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.