You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestion: Archive (move) old Beta threads from current forum

When searching for existing threads relating to a recent issue I encountered - to see if I wasn't repeating someone else's issue - I found myself trawling through threads relating to old Beta versions going back a few years. (There are currently 76 pages of threads in this forum, the majority of which probably won't be relevant to the current Beta.)

Would it be possible to have the threads relating to the current Beta in their own separate forum to make it easier to find stuff related to the current Beta release?

A possible structure could be as follows:

Affinity Designer Beta Forums (current Beta only)
- Designer Beta 1.7 on Windows
- Designer Beta 1.7 on Mac
- etc.

Archived Designer Beta Forums (all previous Betas)
- Archived Designer Beta on Windows
- Archived Designer Beta on Mac
- etc.

This would make it much easier for people to search for issues in the current Beta and, therefore, allow people to see if an issue has already been submitted which would also give the support staff less work to do reading duplicate posts.

I've also found myself searching for previous Topics on Beta releases.

This would be helpful.

Best regards!

• Staff

If others agree I can probably do this yes. Later in the week probably

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Sounds like a good proposal to me, too. Would definitely help when searching.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.