Mithferion

Beta .178 - Petitions for Symmetry Mode

So far, it works great (a bit of a slowdown with all 32 divisions and big canvas and brushes, but that's just me being exaggerated).

Just a few thinks to ask.

• Option to rotate the line when there is one division. For example, 90° to have a vertical line.
  • Reset the center of the Division. So far, if I move it, there is no way to put it back in the center other way than by eye.
  • Allow rotation of the Division Lines only with a modifier Key. I've seen myself rotating it by accident while painting.

image.thumb.png.81fda2e07865215a132c7af85ac4fb82.png

Angry because I rotated it...

image.thumb.png.155585af200fc976c076bf0ff60c449b.png

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

6 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

Option to rotate the line when there is one division. For example, 90° to have a vertical line.

Hold shift while rotating the divider-line

10 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

Reset the center of the Division. So far, if I move it, there is no way to put it back in the center other way than by eye.

Using two guides does make it easier when zoomed in but there should be a reset button or a maybe as a snapping candidate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / APh / ADe / APu  & latest (beta) versions

Thanks! It didn't occur to me to try that.

Also, maybe more people would expect the vertical line to appear, what about making it the default?

Now, the petition to reset the center of the line would be valid. :P

Added another one in the OP, locking the line's position and orientation.

Best regards!

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

Forgot about that; 

A lock(in place)and a reset button is what we need.
To bad it only works with brushes(raster) and not on any other tool,this would make it so much more versatile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / APh / ADe / APu  & latest (beta) versions

For Vector brushes we still can use the Symbols... which is time consuming but still doable. Who knows? Maybe in a future update.

Best regards!

Yeeei! Thanks, Sean. :)

Best regards!

On 11/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, haakoo said:

To bad it only works with brushes(raster) and not on any other tool,this would make it so much more versatile.

I agree to this. It would make so much more sense in a vector program like AD.

What I have in mind that the symmetry is not locked on a specific tool but to the canvas where you can turn it on and off on demand. Similar to how Procreate handels it.