You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Choosing a font by typing name doesn't work.

I frequently select a font by typing the name in the font list in the Toolbar or the Character Studio. This doesn't work in the 1.7.0.2 beta, I just see the whole list of fonts. It works in the current betas for Photo and Publisher.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Sure here is the video of things working the way they are supposed too. [self directed sarcasm indicating emoticon] [frustration emoticon] [actually I am happy that things are working properly emoticon]

<bandwidth conservation in effect>

If it happens again I will record it, must just be some cruft left in the machine, I keep forgetting to use Roy's excellent advice; "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

@Old Bruce: At some occasion, I was having a similar frustrating experience with the font menu. Then I realised the subset option was set to "Used" rather than "All" (visually, it's not super obvious which one is selected, at least in dark mode). Once that was corrected, the menu showed the relevant match of fonts.

7 hours ago, vonBusing said:

I realised the subset option was set to "Used" rather than "All"

That may well have been the case, I will try again.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.