You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta .178 asks for Valid Product Key

Hi there!

I installed the Beta for Designer and after the Splash Screen shows up, I'm prompted with this window, asking for the Valid Key Product:

image.png.6f8bcde8bc2e36e2011951b2fe1c7ede.png

This doesn't happen with Affinity Photo. Both programs are installed from the Affinity Store.

Best regards!

Worked for me. Also purchased directly from Affinity Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I see. For this, I avoid to anything else like givinf the License Key, to see if the Developers asks for any information.

Best regards!

P. D.: Love the new Splash Screen.

Your screenshot shows a ‘Purchase’ button with no line on the right-hand edge. And shouldn’t it say ‘Comprar’? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Your screenshot shows a ‘Purchase’ button with no line on the right-hand edge. And shouldn’t it say ‘Comprar’? :/

I didn't notice that! And yes, it should say "Comprar". A case of Spanglish, I see.

Best regards!

21 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Not all localisations are in yet, so some things may still appear in English only.

@Mithferion, do you have Affinity Designer installed from the Microsoft Store?

Nope, I installed it from the Affinity Store. But now that I looked into the installation path, I see this:

image.png.dda52aeaeb0e706a95b3d93eeb9881df.png

The "Affinity Designer" folder should be where the Desiger files are located. Instead, the "Designer" folder is where they are located. Maybe I did something wrong the last time I updated the retail version, but it's weird since I always install in the default path.

I will try and reinstall the retail version.

Best regards!

25 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

Well, that didn't work.

Best regards!

When you install the application, the installer writes the destination path to the registry, and the beta version will look for a licence in that path. However, I've just realised this will only work if you installed it before we updated the installer to the new simpler installer (black UI). The licence file is written to a different location now, not where you install the application. It's not a major problem as you can just re-enter your details, but we should log this to make it simpler.

I see. Thanks for the explanation. As you say, it's not a major problem and I entered my information in the window.

Best regards!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.