You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.7.0.178

22 minutes ago, rubs said:

Maybe you'd like to know that while Designer 1.6.5 (from store.serif.com) loads in less than a minute, the beta download is very slow. Chrome says it won't be ready before a couple of hours (!)

The betas are hosted with Amazon S3 in East Virginia, USA. The store versions use CloudFront to distribute the files to locations around the World to speed up the download. If the beta downloads slowly, it will be your ISPs connection to the S3 location in USA.

• Staff

Publisher beta is moved regularly to the cloudfront servers and the download reliability and speed benefit for autoupdate is excellent. I would suggest we use the same for Mac & Windows Designer and Photo

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Publisher beta is moved regularly to the cloudfront servers and the download reliability and speed benefit for autoupdate is excellent. I would suggest we use the same for Mac & Windows Designer and Photo

This is the case for beta releases which are managed by the Store, which to date has only been for Publisher. For Designer and Photo, on macOS and Windows, all betas have always been served direct from Amazon S3.

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-11-20_22-32-26.thumb.png.edba8642693cab597127e8393d5100f7.png

Hello, this is my first post on here so please forgive if I made mistakes. So I downloaded the beta but when I tried to install it I got the message displayed on the screenshot, I'm not so good with computers so I don't really know what the problem is. Can anybody please help me I was so looking forward to playing with the new features.

• Staff

@Lord Zulu

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

How big was the last file? Please try downloading again.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Lord Zulu

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

How big was the last file? Please try downloading again.

Hello Patrick and thank you, I don't understand what you mean by ''last file'' but the file( Beta) on my download folder is 238 MB, I will download again.