You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I copied and pasted about 400 pages into a publisher document.  I then went back and tried to add a text style (Body) to all the text.  I was able to do that through a Master Page but the text did not change unless I went back to every page and highlighted the text page by page and changed the style.  I have not figured out how to select all pages and have the characters upgrade to the new text style.  Once applied the text style can be changed but how do you apply it to pages after you added all the text?  Any suggestions.  Thank you all

It's not clear from your description how you pasted the pages in.

The simplest method would have been to create one document page, with an appropriately sized text frame, paste all the text into it, then shift-click the red triangle (lower right of the text frame) to have Publisher duplicate the page and flow the text into new linked frames.

But however you did it, as long as you ended up with linked text frames then you should be able to (a) click in the first one using the Text Frame tool, then (b) ctrl+A to select all the text from all the linked frames, then (c) apply your style change.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, BobZ6 said:

I copied and pasted about 400 pages into a publisher document.  

;-) Respect man!!!! As long as publisher do not offer a "dynamically-float-text-tool" which automatically creates a new page after the last word was fitting in the last page... i would never use it as write/design-app. Without this elementary "writer-tool" its a nightmare to use it as page-intensive mainly WRITE-app. 

Its a very nice app for 20pages booklets, pamphlets, family album... but not for eg. manuals, books, dissertation... and other mass-text-situations. 

However - there should be an option for search as formated, like 12p and fonttype in eg. italic... This search should mark all text with this format on all pages... and if you want, you could format all this stuff at once. I did not found anything like in this (in libreoffice it is)... so maybe it is, but a little bit hidden???

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!