Sign in to follow this  
Paul Martin

Saving *.svg files as Assets

I get the error message that Designer cannot save embedded graphics as Assets. Is this to be expected and, if so, what is the alternative way to save a vector graphic from another programme other than Designer?

4 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

I get the error message that Designer cannot save embedded graphics as Assets. Is this to be expected and, if so, what is the alternative way to save a vector graphic from another programme other than Designer?

Is this specific to the latest (1.6) beta?

8 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

I get the error message that Designer cannot save embedded graphics as Assets. Is this to be expected and, if so, what is the, alternative way to save a vector graphic from another programme other than Designer?

Select the whole thing then group it. After that, go to assets (must keep the grouped thing selected) and add it by create asset from selection.

After that you can drag it back to the artboard anytime And ungroup it to make use of it's particles.

Always worked for me

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15