You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New HSL Adjustment: Move multiple handles at once

Hi everyone,

The new HSL adjustment looks very promising, but I really think that when you use custom hue ranges, there should be a way to move all four drag handles on the color wheel at once. This way, we could use the wheel to quickly select a hue range without the need to manually restore the relative positions of the handles. Better yet, let us select two or more handles at once and make some visual indicator which of them are selected. Also, it should be possible to click at an arbitrary position inside the color wheel to make the drag handles jump to that position.

In fact, with the current implementation of the new HSL adjustment, sometimes two drag handles do move together, but I couldn't figure out a consistent behavior so I assume it's a bug. I also tried different modifier keys, but that didn't seem to work either. The only way to preserve the relative positions of the four points right now is to use the picker, but the success of this method greatly depends on the image you're working on.

Just as a side note: Is there any chance we could also get the HSV option back?

Thank you
kaffeeundsalz

You CAN move all 4 points, or the 2 points on either side of the center, by grabbing the outer portion of the wheel at the appropriate place:

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.