You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.99 BUG - Quickmask

If i do a selection and activate quickmask the whole canvas gets red, not just the selection.

BTW: where to find the quickmask in the shortcut-preference (i have set Q to another function, so it does not work for quickmask anymore). 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hi Polygonius,
If you create a selection and activate the quick mask, only the area around the selection should become red, not the selection itself. Can you attach a screenshot of the app with the layers panel visible so we can see what you are doing?

To change the Quick Mask shortcut go to Affinity Photo Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section, set the first dropdown to Photo and the second to Select - the shortcut item you are looking form is the last one on the list (Edit Selection As Layer).

The order of the shortcuts in Keyboard Shortcuts section (in Preferences) is dictated by the order the commands appear on the menus, so it's relatively easy to find them. Just make sure the first dropdown is set to the correct Persona and the second point to the respective main menu name.

Hi MEB. Thanks found the shorty-entriy. I guess the name of it is not self-explaining as quick-mask;-)

2 screenies: selection and quickmask (direct before and after, no other steps). If i disappear the mask, the selection is still holding.

OSX 10.13.5

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-19 um 11.37.18.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-19 um 11.37.31.jpg

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.