You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serif Labs Raw engine support on iPad

Hi,

I'm considering getting AP for iPad but prefer to use Fujifilm X-T20 compressed raw files, as these are half the size of normal Fuji raw. However, for some reason, compressed is not supported by Apple's own raw converter. Any chance that Serif's own raw engine will be made available on the iPad version of AP ? Or do I need to go uncompressed, full-size raw to get it to work on an iPad Pro?

Thanks,

Simon 

Thank you for replies. I have indeed already sent a request to Apple. Perhaps there just aren’t enough of us for Apple to take notice. So that leaves me with hoping that Serif do in fact add their own FAW engine to the iPad Photo app. 

Heres hoping for an wonderful Xmas present for Affinity Photo on IPad and its Fuji compressed RAW fans!

if anyone has a good link to a workflow for getting this all done on an iPad Pro with minimal desktop integration I’d appreciate it. I’ve done some googling but it all seems a bit ‘gritty’ at the moment, partly due to Apple’s insistence that imports firstly go to its own Photos on iPad app. That and only having one iCloud library allowed makes it all a bit messy, in my view. Shame. Would love to avoid the desktop and just work in iPad Pro.