You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Isometric settings

Hello all,

I'm playing with the new Isometric tools...multiple custom grids, nesting symbols, creating slices and really enjoying driving myself crazy with all the new possibilities.  

A thought about the labels: We have Front, Side and Top then First Axis, Second Axis, Up Axis then the coloured Green, Blue and Red editing handles. 

Could the labels be merged or coloured to allow us to process it all easier? Top for example loses meaning when you stop making cubes and start an illustration. From using 3d apps I think of ¨Top¨as Blue or Y if using XYZ axis labels. 

Also a ´locking to plane´ function would be great. Something that allows a three-sided object to be scaled vertically on Y while the other objects stay on X and Y for example. I´m going to try this with Constraints now. 

Well done to everyone for this update.

• Staff

Hi Clamnuts,

I'll get these label suggestion passed on to development - it is something I noticed that Front, Side and Top don't always equate to your grid, so I think matching the names of the Grid and Axis Manager dialog would be better.

Regarding the Locking to Plane function you mention I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, but you can use 'Edit in Plane' to scale along specific axis. It is also worth noting that this is *NOT* 3D, but objects rotated and sheared to be appear correctly!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.