You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager...

This isn't a bug, in the sense that I'm sure that the code is doing as designed... but these two usability problems are getting fairly close to bugs! Fortunately I don't think they're hard to fix.

One problem is that there is no convenient way to generate a machine-readable list of resources from the resource manager. About the only way to use it is to view it on the screen. I've had to resort to making multiple screen snaps, but I wouldn't really call that "usable." In my case I have to send copies of this to the photo department to get updated or edited copies of files that were used. I'd really like it if there were an "export" button or similar that produced a .txt or .csv file of the resources used, in the order presented in the resource manager display. I'm pretty certain that this is general to both Mac and Windows (and Linux?) versions.

On a related note, at least on my Mac, the resource manager window disappears or hides when I click on something else. So for example, if I want to send an email to one of the photographers to get me a new copy of X, Y and Z, I would bring up the mail program - which instantly causes the resource manager window to disappear! Aaarrrrggghhhh!!! I worked around it by popping up the resource manager, taking a screen shot of it, and then leaving THAT on the screen whilst I sent the email...

If it would just stay visible...

I'm on a Mac running Mojave (10.14.1), with 40GB memory.

4 hours ago, blw said:

One problem is that there is no convenient way to generate a machine-readable list of resources from the resource manager.

I doubt that I would use it very often but I am amazed that it is missing.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I think it depends on what sort of book you're doing. In this context, I am doing picture books for race teams, so my books are loaded with "resources."  In my day job as a mild-mannered computer scientist, both of my books have a few screen snaps in them, but virtually all of the content is text, equations or a few diagrams. With that kind of book, I don't remember needing a resource list at all.