scar2k

Logo for facebook & Whatsapp gets pretty blurry. Why?

Hi,

i tried to make an updated facebook and whatsapp logo for a friend. I completely remade it in Designer. No matter how i export it, it looks messy on mobile and little size screens. I tried jpeg and png with different sizes. 

My export setting were: PNG-24 and 300x300 as well as 600x600 and bigger. Bigger makes it way worse. I followed the guidlines given by facebook support pages. But nothing seems to help. I know text on logos is a bit supoptimal, but that outcome is to bad for my taste.

Do i have to change settings on my side and in Designer or does it have something to do with facebook compression? Any help is appreciated.

Greetings =)

desktoponfacebook.PNG Facebook on Desktop

logoinwhatsapp.jpg Whatsapp/facebook on mobile

logo_source.afdesign

Hi @scar2k,

If the file looks fine on Desktop Facebook and not on the mobile platform, there's nothing to do with our software, as that's a post operation. If the file looks fine when you preview it, that's our job done. Past that point, it's the 3rd party responsibility to distribute the image and to compress it.

One thing to mention. Your colour profile used is "ColorNegative". I suggest you use sRGB as the image will be converted to sRGB by Facebook anyways. 

Thanks,

Gabe.

That was no critic on the program. I knew the problem was me or facebook. =) Thanks for the tip with the color palette, i will change that. It was not set by intention. But may it have to to with the document settings set to cmyk?

The compression will have nothing to do with the colour space. It's not a great idea to distribute the photo in CMYK, because CMYK is mainly for professional print and not for digital use, and has a narrower colour spectrum. 

Related image

Yeah i picked CMYK because it is build with print in mind. I just exported a copy for the facebook profile so that's why i used it. Thx for the explanation, i will keep that in mind next time around.