You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to trim what is beyond & delay while painting

Hi everyone,

I have two problems and I can not find an answer anywhere.

1. How to crop / rid everything what is outside the artboard? Unfortunately clipping mask doesn't help.

I speak exactly about seamless pattern.

2. When I start painting, the brush reaction is delayed. The initial line appears after a while. Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks for the hint!

1 hour ago, 01yasiu said:

1. How to crop / rid everything what is outside the artboard? Unfortunately clipping mask doesn't help.

I speak exactly about seamless pattern.
  • Which app are you using?
    • Affinity Designer 
    • Affinity Photo 
    • Affinity Publisher

Affinity Designer: press the " \ " key to hide/clip anything outside the bounds of the canvas, this is a toggle switch so pressing again will show anything outside the canvas bounds, the Artboard automatically clips anything outside its bounds.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Re brush lag what settings do you have in Preferences: Performance?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately,  the "\" key did not help. A good preview option, but it does not remove what is outside.  If someone puts this file as a repeating pattern, it will not work. 

Brush lag probably has been repaired. I have no idea what was wrong :)

I have made clipping mask. Theoretically, for the first look, it works. I switch to outline view. Looks right. There is nothing outside. Then i mark all layers and physically nothing has changed. The selection shows that there are still uncut elements.

1.jpg.499be01165cfd180c5c590d696028d5c.jpg

I just use the artboard to clip the art and export the artboard, whatever is outside of the artboard gets clipped on export.