You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newbie - how to reset Tools

How can I reset my Toolbar and Tools so they're as they were when I first opened the program a few weeks ago? 

I used Affinity to do rough edits on several images, and I was impressed with how versatile it is. But I quickly got lost trying to do simple things like cancel Developments on a block of opened images. I need instruction, some of which can be found in published tutorials., but some of which cannot.

Hoping to follow some of the tutorials in the book, I tried to reset my tools and toolbar going through View/Customize Toolbar, which just blacked out the toolbar. Then I tried to reset going through View/Customize Tools, which brought up dozens of tools, but didn't organize them the way they were when I first opened the program.

• Staff

Hi @bill hansen,

Welcome to the forums. 

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

Thanks,
Gabe. 

• 4 years later...
4 minutes ago, DennisBear said:

More worthless advice. How can I watch your affinity exploring user settings and keyboard shortcuts if the video doesn't even appear.

It’s clearly been moved, but knowing its title makes it easy to find via your favourite search engine:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/189596577

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)