You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.7.0.x : New clipping mode suggestion

Now that we have reached that point of realization,I believe Affinity Designer (also for Photo) should now have a "Clip to Bellow" or "Clip to Layer" button.

It should be located somewhere on the toolbar and should work like this:

Select a layer (pixel or vector)/Object (text or shape) then click the "clip to Layer" or "clip to Bellow" to start drawing or painting or doing something else in clipping mask mode straight.

Not only Painters, Artist or logo designer will like it but ... It will help work faster and clip very fast.

Please also keep the drag to below (that one we currently use to clip things), other style of works may need it still.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

But how would you know what the layer below is? you would still hve to move the layer in place in the layers panel

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

7 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

But how would you know what the layer below is? you would still hve to move the layer in place in the layers panel

Well,the concept is simple.

I first need to creatE Something Such as text or shape, then I keep it selected then I click the clip below or clip object button in toolbar then it allows Me to directly draw,paint or Insert but in clipped Mode Directly Without the need of doing then dragging to clip which sometime turns into masking instead of clipping

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• Staff

Hi Uncle Mez,

Your suggestion sounds like it does the same actions as the buttons dutchshader has shown above. There are however new options under Layer > Arrange called 'Move Inside' and 'Move Outside' that will also move the selected object inside the object that is directly below it in the Layer Panel stack.

@Sean P Well it is right but that one create a unique sub layer where all thing goes and  that's not what i want nor i meant.

What I suggest should be able to create a new sub layer for every brush line or curve we draw.

I will try that one you talked about and see if it fits.

If Okay then please ask the dev team to create corresponding buttons that will go somewhere above that we can keep at a view distance and not go find it hurried under menues.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.