You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error setting custom bullets, it adds default bullet

I've been testing the bullets (a lovely feature I was waiting for) and although iI can create custom bullets (using any character on any font) at the moment I click outside and deselect the text box, Default bullet is added to my custom bullet.

In the attached images it can be seen the custom bullet while editing, and the bullets once I get out from the text box.

This is editing the bullets…

1269465444_Capturadepantalla2018-11-17alas11_18_54.thumb.png.f0cf1cf66303c31e63109de0db2a6407.png

And this happens when I deselect the text.

1470563284_Capturadepantalla2018-11-17alas11_19_01.thumb.png.7f319fbf1ae864c5ebf815300037632f.png

1 minute ago, Sean P said:

Hi Daniel,
Did you paste the symbol you want to use into the Paragraph Panel, or did you add it via clicking 'More'? I've reproduced it when using a paste symbol, but adding one via 'More' will allow it to stick!

Hi Sean.

I added it using the 'More' option and selecting a symbol font, so the symbol is in fact a text character.

Just tested again using a single character in the same font than text, but as soon as I click outside it change the symbol and format, with light variations on how it does it. Sometimes it reverts to the las used bullet, sometimes it deletes the tab… and it fails both selecting with 'more' and typing directly in the field.

If you need more test or info, feel free to ask for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this issue has been addressed in the latest Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.192 and the fix will appear in the next Affinity Designer beta 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.