You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

composite layers masks

ianrb

thinking outside the boring old normal square
Would have been so much easier to edit 2 and 3 in Lr and post as individual photos; but anyone can and does do that.
first is a simple composite of the other two
Hardest part is the idea. The second hardest part is putting the idea into place using layers/masks. There 3rd hardest part is knowing when is too much, not enough, or exactly around about close to perfect

open both files as layers -- flower top layer
cut the flower out with selection bush -- slightly smooth/feather selection -- add a layer mask with the marching still active -- all outside the marching ants will disappear.
Now move/size the flower to suit --- no law saying you cannot rotate files. You would be surprised how often I do that ;)
Photo taken in the late morning/midday sunlight with a little Pana Fz300
your honest thoughts and comments welcome
There are always other images not posted here on my Photos by Ian Browne FB page. I'm not into the FB numbers/friends stuff but you are welcome to like the page and ask questions there

BTW: I have no problems if someone points out edit mistakes, typing mistakes, other ways to do similar .

201811  04169-1.jpg

201811  04169.jpg

201811  04171-3.jpg