You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD: Pencil tool queries

Hi folks! I've been learning to use Affinity Designer for iPad, and have some questions about the Pencil tool that I haven't been able to answer yet. I'm coming from years using Ai on Mac desktop, so I'm not familiar yet with the desktop version of AD. The questions are:

1. Is there a way to get paths drawn with the pencil tool to close automatically? I find I can never go back to the original node, and always have to close the path using the context menu at the bottom. Or a way of snapping back to the start node?

2. Is there a tool for erasing parts of vector paths? So, once a path is drawn, using an eraser tool to reshape parts of it?

Thanks in advance!

1 AFAIK, no. Not perfect, but what I do is leave a small gap, select the Node Tool and drag the last node over the first node. You get an on screen magnifier and the node snaps into place, closing the path.

2 There is no vector path eraser, although you can reshape the Pencil's path with Sculpt. Just draw over the previously drawn path and it reshapes the path. Of course, you can use the node tool.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.