1054422650_slicedes.jpg.b1d77a310fc07765dfd7db391b98b2b2.jpg

-------------------

Affinity Photo beta

142671613_slicepho.jpg.b42f768681bbac15e3beafe3de0184f3.jpg

---------------------------

Affinity Publisher beta

1783751539_slicepub.jpg.a22315b45bbf8882309b59327c8bfd43.jpg

----------------------------

I find it very frustrating. I hardly ever use the Apple Colour Picker.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Alphabetical order is great. I've also requested this for the Adjustments pop-up menu in the Layers Studio.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

13 hours ago, ronnyb said:

Alphabetical order is great.

Not always... 

For these particular menu sections it might work out, but you really want to keep closely related items grouped together and in a logical order.

"Apple Color Picker" and "Assistant Manager" are not particularly closely related (logically) to each other or to the other items in the list.  If they happened to fall alphabetically between "Grid and Axis Manager" and ""Guides Manager" I would not want to order them that way because the "Grid and Axis Manager" and the "Guides manager" are much more closely related to each other than to either of those other options.  In this instance it would work out, but not in all cases.

Also, I'm not sure that "Apple Color Picker" belongs in the "View" menu at all... but looking at the other places it could be, it doesn't really fit anywhere else either.

The "Studio" submenu should almost certainly be in the "Window" menu not the "View" menu.

6 minutes ago, fde101 said:

The "Studio" submenu should almost certainly be in the "Window" menu not the "View" menu.

I would disagree with that placement. Studio turns display items on and off, which is a View function not a Window-management function like the other items under Window.

(However, having Studio as a separate top-level menu has been suggested, too, and I agree with that.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Studio turns display items on and off

Those "display items" are in effect windows themselves, so it is opening and closing specific windows.

According to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, such items belong in the Window menu.

Items in the View menu are supposed to be items that customize the appearance of windows, treating all windows of the same type the same way.

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/menus/menu-bar-menus/

Seems to me that most of what the Affinity apps put in the View menu doesn't really belong there.

1 minute ago, fde101 said:

Those "display items" are in effect windows themselves, so it is opening and closing specific windows.

Thanks, but I'll disagree with that, too. :)

Windows are what hold the documents we're working on. The studio panels hold controls for the application, that can apply to any (document) Window that is currently open.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, walt.farrell said:

Windows are what hold the documents we're working on.

Those would be document windows.

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

The studio panels hold controls for the application

Thus being panels, which are another type of window - again, this is defined in the Human Interface Guidelines under "Types of Windows":

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/windows-and-views/window-anatomy/