You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

changing the colour of the sky

see attachment

I took 6 pictures one by one and changed the angle with each step, so I have al large photo of the landscape. I know there are photo cameras who can do this in one go. I don't have such a camera. although the photos are taken the same moment, I see a difference in colour.

How can I correct the photos and have a sky in the same colour.

I hope my question is clear. The attachment will explain it better...

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 14.34.30.png

Well, my wife took the photo with the Nikon camera. She turned around clicking 7 times to have 7 photos. I tried to make 1 large photo of these 7. I think the mistake was having the light mesure on auto. That’s the reason why each picture is different.

i tried with several masks but i don’t come to an equal picture. When for example i change the colour of the sky, the water then is chaging too. Problem...

16 minutes ago, iMac1943 said:

I think the mistake was having the light mesure on auto. That’s the reason why each picture is different.

Bang on, the white balance was adjusted on each image, you could try picking the most consistent images and working from them and try to make a good match, the sky isn't stitched well with obviously moving clouds so I'd probably work with the land, you could always replace the sky or so some blurring and noise addition on the sky later. 

Unless you can go back and take the shot again its going to be a fair bit of work for an average result.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you both for your reply. Going back is not an option (Namibia) although I can recomment it.

i’ll try working on the sky, as you suggest.

something else why I’m here: I use AD a lot and on this forum I asked how to put messurement on. The answer was: you cannot. And somebody suggested Sketchup. I see that you have it on your list of apps. I tried it but had difficulties with that program. Also there is an oneline Version and a version to download. What is the best? 

1 hour ago, iMac1943 said:

Well, my wife took the photo with the Nikon camera. She turned around clicking 7 times to have 7 photos. I tried to make 1 large photo of these 7. I think the mistake was having the light mesure on auto. That’s the reason why each picture is different.

i tried with several masks but i don’t come to an equal picture. When for example i change the colour of the sky, the water then is changing too. Problem...

You will really need to adjust each photo first, concentrating on the non-sky area so they match. Then select the sky only with the Selection Brush Tool (or whatever) and adjust it so that each sky area matches. Use the Info Panel and the targets to match them.

Then do your Panorama stitch.

It is easy enough and quicker than a return trip to Namibia ;)

info.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

A whole lot of cloning, inpainting and adjustment layers later... :D

1721371465_ScreenShot.thumb.png.38faa524b23cb16a1d8878483c6e471c.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I'm just going to do a brief video of the history and the process I went through by scrolling through the history and narrating it. I did make a slight goof as I edited your image in the 1.7 beta of Affinity Photo so its not compatible with the older version of Affinity Photo oops! but if you have the beta installed I can upload the afphoto file with history as well.

This is an exported PNG file.
174772927_Namibialandscaped.thumb.png.6f848bd4c49491113e0c8238a37841db.png

Ok here is the file:

ignore the first few hundred history entries lol

Namibia landscaped.afphoto

I could probably refine the process and do it again in the non beta version.

I'm assuming from the name you're on Mac? I don't think the windows beta is out yet

5 minutes ago, iMac1943 said:

What a history!

Bear in mind that @firstdefence did a brilliant job and it is a good learning exercise but you would be much better off editing the photos before stitching, like I suggested.

That is much simpler and only a few minutes work.

Prevention is better than cure!

hahaha, yeah a lot of playing about and doodling, there's no substitute for trial and error, I'd say half of that history is me just trying stuff, the rest is when I started making progress and it started to gel together.

Just now, toltec said:

Bear in mind that @firstdefence did a brilliant job and it is a good learning exercise but you would be much better off editing the photos before stitching, like I suggested.

That is only a few minutes work.

Prevention is better than cure!

Using the camera on Manual is even better, although the sky would have still needed some work. but experience is a great teacher.

Your welcome, glad it looks something like. Best thing is to go and practice taking a few panoramas to see what settings work. Once to get the idea you'll be rattling them off.

Or get an iPhone 8 plus and its a cinch, in fact I'm just off to do a bit of photography at Blidworth Woods.  So might try a couple of pano's myself.

16 minutes ago, iMac1943 said:

well toltec, I did that but I was still far away from a good result. 

Hmm, I can't imagine why.

The original problem was that as the camera was rotated, different images contained different quantities of sky. Therefore the camera adjusted for that, changing the exposure of each image. Just changing the 'exposure' in Photo so they all match would make the images equal, so Panorama stitching would work much better. 

If not, something else seems to be happening?

33 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

hahaha, yeah a lot of playing about and doodling, there's no substitute for trial and error, I'd say half of that history is me just trying stuff, the rest is when I started making progress and it started to gel together.

What brand of gel did you use :D

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma