You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD: bitmap visible in outline mode

No Outline mode will not show a pixel image in outline mode, all it will do is show the outline edge of the image.

1429591838_ImageinOutlineMode.png.f104068fec2301e026456aa2ccb3772a.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

55 minutes ago, Michal_R said:

Yes, that's what I can see now. It seems to be good candidate to feature requests, doesn't it ?

You could request it, but I don't see how this could be implemented. A bitmap could be anything. Even if  It was a line drawing, Designer would not know where to draw the line. Now if a line drawing could be converted to vectors, that would be different. I wonder if that would be worth a feature request!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I just loaded a pixel image in Designer then adjusted the opacity downwards to lighten it. I was then able to draw over this to trace the outline.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630