You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Effect in bleed

Hello,

When I have an effect on a photo f.e. a gradient, and the photo should be placed page-filling, I see the the effect only on the regular page, not in the bleed.

image.png.7a81dcb6276806be41ee9b95c4dd019c.png

For the printer the bleed is the area that can be trimmed, hopefully consistently. However, if the printer crops this area inconsistently, the effect in the image will not be visible in these areas.

Is it possible to increase the effect all over the site including the bleed? Just to be sure.

Thanks and best regards

Martin

Hi @MartinHH,

I just tried and I don't get that. I applied both a Layer effect and an Adjustment on both a picture in a picture frame as well as an image i dropped directly on the document. The effects are applied all the way in the bleed.

Is this a bug introduced in the latest release? I'm still on 1.7.0.162 because the internal update mechanism will not get the current latest beta.

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 12.20.44.png

Hi Chris,

in this example I placed a photo over  the whole page incl. bleed, masked it and set a gradient to the mask. So the opacity is low in the area you see on my screenshot.

If a printer-company would cut the bleed not exactly, a bit smaller f.e.,  the difference would be visible.

br

Martin

@MartinHH: I was flipping around with images and layer effects and suddenly (I don't remember exactly what I did), the effect was not applied on the bleed area in similarity to your example. By hiding (uncheck in the layer panel) and re-enabling the culprit image, the effect on the bleed was restored.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.