Odding

Vector Brush pressure sensitivity won't work

Hi, I am using Affinity Designer on iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2018.10) + Apple Pencil 2, both iOS and the app are up to date, for some reason the vector brush tool won't work with pressure sensitivity. 

It's always fixed width no matter which brush I selected, and when I tried to adjust the pressure by dragging the pressure handles, it always came back to default settings. 

Could anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

O.

I'm trying to realize what's happening there ( but anyway, I'm not often around here, so this is more a tip in case someone else sees this thread) , but it could be very helpful if you could make screenshots of where you find the problem, so could be seen what is resetting, and if you are in the right page.

My best workflow recommendation, in general, but I'm desktop-only, is to double click on a brush in the library ( I quite prefer just the basic round brushes, but I have a very specific way of painting) so that you can access the settings. Is very similar to hit the "More" button in the top  bar when having the brush , but this way you save permanently the changes to whatever the brush on the brush library ( or that's what I do, lol.... ). Still, I suspect all these UI things are very different in the iPad versions.

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Hi.Odding,

When the vector brush tool is active, there is a control bar at the bottom of the screen with a button called "more." Click on that to bring up the brush editor. Set the size, opacity, etc variables there, and whatever controller variable, pressure/velocity you like. Then select pressure/velocity as the controller in the vector brush control bar.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet