You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Chord tints – mixed color spaces, mixed name styles

A.) If I select a CMYK swatch and create Chord Tints from the color pane, than the resulting tints are RGB.

B.) If I select a CMYK swatch and create Chord Tints from the swatch directly (ctrl-click), than the results are in CMYK.

––> A) is a bug in my opinion. At least in a cmyk print document.

Examples: Different Chord tint names from the swatch "100 k" (0c 0m y0 100k):

chord tint of color pane 2 - rgb.jpgchord tint of swatch pane 2 - cmyk.jpg

C.) If I create tints via Chord menu (either from color or swatch pane) than the tints are named with values including their tint reduction.
It is not possible to read the tint % value without additional calculation.

D.) If I create tints not as Chord but as single swatch than the tint is named with the value of its origin + a tint value (%).

––> C) is a bug in my opinion. The tint value (%) is not recognizable without calculation.

Example: Single created tints from the same swatch like above. ("100 k")

tint single with tint percentage.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi thomaso,

Apologies that it took a while to look into this.

We've had some similar reports regarding this and there have been some changes in this area, however point B) is still reproducible so I've got this logged for the developers to take a further look into.

The tint % should be visible along with the cmyk info so i'll look into the second issue and get it logged if it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

@Jon P, glad to read from you, especially with good news!

– May I add one possibly related point?:

1. Weeks ago the default color slider appeared to be RGB always – even in CMYK documents.
2. Now it appears that my recent choice of slider's color space is saved in my app prefs. – Much better!

1 + 2 = 3: Wouldn't it even be best if the default color sliders color space would switch according to the working documents color space?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.