You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Should I get affinity designer or photo on the iPad in order to convert Procreate designs to cmyk/Pantone colors?

Hi, 

Should I get affinity designer or affinity photo on the iPad- in order to convert my Procreate paintings/drawings to cmyk/Pantone colors?  (I want to print my art on products, but am not sure if I would need "designer" or "photo" for the cmyk conversion seeing procreate doesn't have cmyk values to use.)

Or is there another way to do it?  I don't want to lose image quality either....

Also, how many brushes does affinity designer have on the iPad?  

I would love to know any procreate product designers' workflow!! :D (whether AD or AP on the iPad.)

It looks like it can export "as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG". 

I was assuming I would need to use png, and or psd or pdf?  I was thinking I could change the colors on the layers too in affinity designer, having prevoiusly used designer on the desktop, but I've never used photo.  I just want to make sure I get the right program on the ipad to change procreate designs to cmyk colors.  From what I saw so far, people are only recommending AP, but I love AD for vector and know it better, so I was wondering if I could use that instead of photo for this additional purpose or not. :D

7 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Love2Design,

What format are the files in as Affinity can't open procreate files.

Thanks

Callum

Hi Callum,

It looks like it can export "as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG". 

I was assuming I would need to use png, and or psd or pdf?  I was thinking I could change the colors on the layers too in affinity designer, having prevoiusly used designer on the desktop, but I've never used photo.  I just want to make sure I get the right program on the ipad to change procreate designs to cmyk colors.  From what I saw so far, people are only recommending AP, but I love AD for vector and know it better, so I was wondering if I could use that instead of photo for this additional purpose or not. :D

2 hours ago, Love2Design said:

Photo and Designer share many features so there is not going to be much difference. Both can load the files you mention (apart from native .procreate). Your biggest issue is likely to be converting things like text or gradients. All of which can sometimes be an issue, so it will depend on what is in the Procreate files.

I think Designer would be ideal and expect .psd or PDF would be the best choice for file format.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

7 hours ago, toltec said:

Photo and Designer share many features so there is not going to be much difference. Both can load the files you mention (apart from native .procreate). Your biggest issue is likely to be converting things like text or gradients. All of which can sometimes be an issue, so it will depend on what is in the Procreate files.

I think Designer would be ideal and expect .psd or PDF would be the best choice for file format.

Hi Toltec,

Hmm, I will have to keep the text and gradients in mind.  I really love what you can do with lettering/calligraphy in procreate... I know you can do a lot more with it though so hopefully it will work out.  

Thanks so much again, Toltec, for all your help!!  :D