You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grids don't show on Pages, only Masters

I am not entirely sure if this is a bug or it is me thinking it is. The grid will show on the Master Page but not on the Pages, as of  1.7.0.167

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:53 AM, MEB said:

Hi Old Bruce,
Have you applied that master to the pages? Check if the master is applied to them or not.

Yes and yes. It is a large document started a couple of versions earlier, I will rebuild it from scratch with this one, have some other quirks I want to check anyway.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

This is what I see from a template made two previous betas back and adding two new pages;

1657016309_gridview.jpeg.4afc954ee31c98add76fe7a597a35cff.jpeg

The same master page 'Book Name Page No is applied to all three pages. If I zoom in or select the first page the grid disappears on it. Going to start with out using a template.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:53 AM, MEB said:

Hi Old Bruce,
Have you applied that master to the pages? Check if the master is applied to them or not.

Alright I tracked down the problem. I had Metal enabled. With that I could not see the grid but it was there because I turned off snapping for everything except that. Now I have OpenGL enabled and I can see the grid on the selected page instead of it disappearing. The kicker is that I don't really like using the grid.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.