You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Consistent crash trying to open large file

Working on a gig making a billboard on AP1.6. Tried bringing over the file to APh B1.7 but it consistently crashes the app. My MBP switches to discreet GPU when b1.7 launches. The image opens momentarily but looks off (overly saturated) before it crashes the app. Here's the crash report:

CrashDump-72483.txt

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi ronnyb

If you go into preferences > Performace and turn off enable metal compute does it perform any better for you? If its still crashing can you describe what sort of things you are doing at the time and what the file consists of, possibly even the file itself?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris_K that didn't work. I tried on a flattened version of the file and it opened it but not the layered version. I can send you the file but it's big, about 1.6 GB

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi ronnyb

If you go into preferences > Performace and turn off enable metal compute does it perform any better for you? If its still crashing can you describe what sort of things you are doing at the time and what the file consists of, possibly even the file itself?

Thanks

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi ronnyb

Thanks

Also AP doesn't seem to recognize the built-in Intel GPU and also lists the incorrect specs for the discreet GPU, I have a Radeon 555 not 460...

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 1.33.28 PM.png

20 minutes ago, fde101 said:

Does it show up correctly in System Profiler (apple menu -> about -> System Report, under Graphics/Displays)?

Yes it does

Yes I tried w new beta, it opened it once I chose the Make Copy option, then it crashed when I tried to zoom as well....

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.