You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ADe 1.7.0.2 & APh 1.7.0.98 : Guides editing not available

Just had a peek at Designer 1.7.0.2  and Photo 1.7.0.98.

1. The "Guides editing" feature as first presented in Publisher don't seem to be present in either.
2.  Dragging a guide works OK, but only when using the Move tool, not with any other tool.
3. Locking/unlocking guides doesn't work.
4. The toolbar buttons "Toggle Guides Editing" and "Toggle Origin Editing" are missing (can't find them in Customize Toolbar either).

As I don't see any posts regarding the above, maybe my download had a little hickup ?????

Should I try again ?

Best regards,

C.L.

• Staff

Hi catlover,
These buttons were removed from all three apps. You can drag guides with the Move tool from the rulers as always and now also edit them with the other tools as well by dragging the guides over the ruler area, not on the canvas. This ensures the other tools can't move a guide accidentally on canvas. Regarding the Move Tool - the only one that can do it on canvas - it now picks any object that may be in the same place as a guide first (lines overlapping the guides for example) and only the guides last. So in principle you shouldn't be able to move a guide accidentally with it except if you click exactly over a guide placed in an empty area of the canvas accidentally which should be (hopefully) quite rare. This means that shouldn't be necessary to lock guides anymore.

15 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi catlover,
These buttons were removed from all three apps. You can drag guides with the Move tool from the rulers as always and now also edit them with the other tools as well by dragging the guides over the ruler area, not on the canvas. This ensures the other tools can't move a guide accidentally on canvas. Regarding the Move Tool - the only one that can do it on canvas - it now picks any object that may be in the same place as a guide first (lines overlapping the guides for example) and only the guides last. So in principle you shouldn't be able to move a guide accidentally with it except if you click exactly over a guide placed in an empty area of the canvas accidentally which should be (hopefully) quite rare. This means that shouldn't be necessary to lock guides anymore.

Hi MEB,

Can you please explain me the correct behavior of the guidelines?

As you can see at video I can move them over the shape accidentally. Even trying to select inside the shape. Maybe I misunderstand your explaining.

Thanks

7 hours ago, ajharok said:

When I add some guides, I don't see them in Guides manager. 

FWIW, for me changing any of the field values on the right of the Guide Manager immediately shows any missing guide entries. So for example, increasing or decreasing the Spread Origin x or y value by 1 & then changing it back is a temporary workaround. Doing this once per launch of the beta seems to be enough -- after that, all guides show in every document I open or create.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.