You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Install issues

Ihave now tried to install Affinity Pub on three Win 10 64 bit PCs . Win 10 throws up a security error. However ignoring this Affinity fails to install. I see this is an ongoing problem for many people. Is it time to look elswhere for a Publisher program?. The earlier Beta installed without any problem.

Hi Wolfie2,

Sorry to hear you've having some installation troubles. Could you please right click the .exe file and check it has a Digital Signature? You can check this in properties. Also, getting the installation log file would be really helpful. 

To do this:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run Dialog and remove any text inside it

2. Drag the downloaded setup file e.g Affinity Publisher Beta - 1.7.0.167 into the Run Dialog window. 

3. After this add /log to so it reads something like C:\Users\jfisher\Desktop\Affinity Publisher Beta - 1.7.0.167/log and then press OK – the installation will start as normal.

4. After the installer fails you can access the install.log file by navigating to %TEMP%/AffinitySetup/ from the Run Dialog. 

5. Once inside this folder you will want to look for the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date

6. Inside that folder you should have two files Setup.log and Install.log - if you only have 1 of these look through the other folders you saw in Step 5 - one of those should have these two files in.

Once you've found the two files could you attach them to this thread please?

14 hours ago, JFisher said:

3. After this add /log to so it reads something like C:\Users\jfisher\Desktop\Affinity Publisher Beta - 1.7.0.167/log and then press OK – the installation will start as normal.

Does the Publisher Beta need this /log setting?

If I use it I get a dialog box effectively saying "invalid option" and I always get a log without it anyway.

I think this /log option is confusing some people and needs clarification.

(I'm on Windows 8.0)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.