You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using the Tab key in panels

When working in Photo and Designer (and the Adobe apps), if I need to input specific percentage values in the Colour Panel I will click into the field for Cyan, enter the value then press the Tab key to move the Magenta field and so on. In Publisher, I click into the Cyan field, enter the value (which registers) then press Tab and it will take me into the Magenta field but I it does not register any value if I try to enter one. The cursor actually moves to the Layers panel and reduces the opacity of the object to whatever value I inputted. The only way to get back to the Colour panel is to click with my mouse.

Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to fix it?

Also, I just made the application crash by pressing the Tab key too many times.

He never fails to achieve new heights in being stupid...

Same here, if you just tab through the values without inputting anything all is fine but as soon as you type a value in, then tab, you cannot type again in the next field, and hitting tab again hides your studio.

This thread needs moving to the bugs section.

This is only in CMYK and LAB colourspaces.

Edited by iaing
more info

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

• 5 weeks later...

I find this hampers the workflow.

If I have a textfield selected I would expect that the tab key brings focus to the next textfield.

If enter my values into that in a row. Now I have to click into each field.

Tab key should only have it's "Toggle UI" effect when no textfield has the focus.
Otherwise it should always look for the next input field to select in it's group.

Here I consider all three textfields of "Outer Shadow" a group.
Note that I would not expect it to jump down to "Outline" because of the distance.
This would be another group of textfields in a "tab group".

screen.png.a489e241338482c8c207443cca823948.png

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

5 minutes ago, bbwd said:

It's working properly for me in all the Effects panel. Wonder why it's not for you?

Not sure if we talk about the same thing and if I should upload a video...

If the Opacity test field has focus as you enter a value,  what happens on tab key?

I would expect focus on the Radius field. 

What happens is "toggle UI". Current beta build Win10.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471