You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ETA of Affinity Designer 1.7.0 customer beta

On 11/16/2018 at 1:15 PM, Morgoth said:

Thank you very much for the continued support. Dreading the day...UGH!...Win10.

WHY???!!? I find Windows 10 Way more stable than Windows 7 ever was! Windows 7 runs on the same kernel that Vista ran on! getting quite old now.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

2 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

WHY???!!? I find Windows 10 Way more stable than Windows 7 ever was! Windows 7 runs on the same kernal that Vista ran on! getting quite old now.

Totally agree, I’m quite happy with windows 10. Also, now we have to wait for who-knows-how-long for the 1.7 desktop release because of a nearly one decade old operating system.

I think every developer hopes, that Windows 7 dies sooner than later. It is enough too deal with different .NET versions on Windows 10.

What makes me wonder is that Serif does not publish payed major versions of Affinity Photo, like other companies do with their softwares. Since I bought the first version for Windows, there was every new release for free. Because I am only interested in photo software, which has nothing to do with Apple, and DAM software, there has been no further revenue from me. So hopefully people buy all the other stuff, so that there is enough income. :-)

2 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

WHY???!!? I find Windows 10 Way more stable than Windows 7 ever was! Windows 7 runs on the same kernel that Vista ran on! getting quite old now.

The last two updates (April 2018 and especially October 2018) have been extremely problematic, to say the least… I personally don't suffer from these issues as I have Windows Pro on my machines and I'm delaying these updates for 6 to 8 months. I feel for those who have to endure forced updates on Windows Home...

9 minutes ago, LCamachoDesign said:

The last two updates (April 2018 and especially October 2018) have been extremely problematic, to say the least… I personally don't suffer from these issues as I have Windows Pro on my machines and I'm delaying these updates for 6 to 8 months. I feel for those who have to endure forced updates on Windows Home...

I always wait 3-4 months before I update to the latest to make sure there are no problems and to give developers time to iron out any kinks in there apps that popup because of it, even Windows home can be delayed from updating until the user feels right about it. I have both Pro and Home machines and haven't update to the Oct update yet. To be fair the Oct update only affected a small percentage and Microsoft pulled it very soon after.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

5 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I didnt have any stability issues with WIN 7 at all with my last configuration.

Most instability i got was from non-JEDEC standardized (voltage, timings) or faulty memory modules, issue with corrupted system data on HDD or EAX emulation hook for sound card driver.

Im still waiting when WIN10 updates bring SMT aware Thread Scheduler without stupid thread jumping across cores like crazy. Not even that stupid ReFS is bootable in WIN10 and im waiting for some better filesystem since WinFS (2006). 

I dont need some useless Ads, retarded UAP games without proper settings for GPU hardware, cortana or mixed reality.

Core i7 4770 - AMD Radeon RX 6500XT - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 SP1 / Windows 10 x64) - https://danielmoravek.com