You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guidelines suggestions (1.7.0.2)

• Staff
19 minutes ago, JoonCat said:

Guidelines can now be locked? 

No. But they can only be edited in the Move Tool or by dragging them in the Ruler area in other tools. Is there a use-case for when they need to be locked that would not be covered by these restrictions? :)

Thanks,

Matt

Well, i don't know how many times i dragged with the move tool around the working area to select everything and grabbed a guide instead.

And with moving a stroke placed on a guide.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

1. Would it be possible to get some how Guidelines as a List like the Layers? That would be awesome and it would be possible to show/hide them on demand.

2. I would like to see some Hotkeys to select the next/prev layer in the Layerlist. And may be an option key to go in sublayers/groups.

Thanks for any reply, Torsten :)

15 minutes ago, dasmurphy said:

1. Would it be possible to get some how Guidelines as a List like the Layers? That would be awesome and it would be possible to show/hide them on demand.

Do you mean like, having this windows as a Panel instead of a floating window?

image.png.510fa191fb9dd8b8b83964f0d2237436.png

As for hiding them, you can show/hide them with the Ctrl + ; command (on windows).

Best regards!

6 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

Do you mean like, having this windows as a Panel instead of a floating window?

As for hiding them, you can show/hide them with the Ctrl + ; command (on windows).

Yes, this would be awesome as Panel with one list. Or in the Layerlist as a Special Group on Top. I use a Mac, but i need to review the Hotkeys anyway :)

I would be then possible to get also guides that are not rectangular since all elements would be possible to use if it is in the Layerlist.

Thanks for the reply. :P

Thanks for any reply, Torsten :)

3 hours ago, dutchshader said:

Well, i don't know how many times i dragged with the move tool around the working area to select everything and grabbed a guide instead.

And with moving a stroke placed on a guide.

Hi, 

I'm agree with dutchshader comments.

I'm working right now with a 200 pages document and I can see 2 main things with guidelines:

• When you have artboards and remove one guideline out of the sheet to erase it, remains available if you fly with the mouse over it.
  • Sometimes you want to select some items at document to move them and accidentally moves the guidelines. It happens many times to me.

Could be have a dedicated button as at Publisher app? To lock or unlock them as you want... for me would be an amazing helpful.

Thanks and very good work guys

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found some behaviour of the Guidelines somewhat annoying. I can now move the ruler origin to where I like. When I move the guidelines their position is still shown relative to the document corners. 

I would rather love to see the positioning relative to the ruler origin.

Would it be possible to implement that? Oh yes, I would love to have lockable guidelines, maybe some submenu opened by a right mouse click.

Many regards

engiadina

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.