You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

@Vauxhall60

That image reminds me of the effect I have seen when pictures taken with an "old-fashioned" film camera have a problem, usually with 35mm film, where the film is not wound far enough along the unexposed part before the next picture is taken.  IOW, what you are seeing is the image you want and half of the next, or previous, image which was taken.

In my experience, this could be especially a problem with film for slides.  I have a number of slides in my personal "archive" where, either the images overlap, as in your case, or the slide positive has been "trimmed" to remove the overlapped area, hence a slide which projects with "empty" (= white) areas.

I'm honestly not sure how or even if you can rectify this problem.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

You can try out the remove dust filter together with some levels adjustments in order to remove or milder that white area.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

You can also try the haze removal filter. I just put a rectangular marquee around the whitish area to apply the haze filter once, but you may need to apply adjustments more than once and, of course the image you have is far better as a starting point than just working on a quick screen copy like I did.
Do you want to keep the notice board in the background? You might play around with the wall texture from the left hand side to eliminate the "10".

image.png.658dd262d1fea5cd20500432c64444b6.png

Make a rectangular marquee around the top third white area and copy & paste to a new layer. On that layer add a Brightness/Contrast adjustment and lower brightness down to about -46, raise contrast to about 67 (try to match the blues in the girl's shirt)

The rest is mostly cloning

The more time you spend on it the better results you will get

oldpic.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 month later...