You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reordering pages / spreads

Hey there

Loving Publisher so far, so thank you for putting this out.

Any chance you can make it easier to move pages around. The pages menu does not scroll does not scroll why you are dragging pages/spreads about. It can take an age to move a page from say page 299 of a document up to page 1. 

A preview area where you can see all the pages would be great - sort of like how you can see all the artboards laid out on AD. Then you can move things around more easily.

A am aware you can extend the pages menu out so it is full screen, and while you can see some of the pages, you can't see all and you can't drag and scroll.

Thanks

• 9 months later...

So, one thing that does make it easier at least is if you drag the Pages panel out so that it becomes wide instead of narrow. Once this is done, there is less need to scroll. Though I did find if the mouse has a scroll feature, you can scroll while holding your page, but this doesn't always work to actually relocate the page when you let go for some reason.

Possible fixes would be to drag a page or spread from pages panel to desired location in document view (that would be simple; nothing though happens when you try it now), or ability to open two instances of pages panels.

If you have a laptop with both a touch pad and a mouse you can try to grab page with mouse and use touch pad to scroll, with MBP it is quite nifty. (I do not have mouse attached at the moment so I do not know how it works in Publisher; usually it just works with a mac.)

I just fully transitioned from InDesign to Affinity Publisher last month (yay, no more subscriptions) .  

I never fully appreciate the simple function of moving a page to before/after a certain page until it is missing.  This will be a great function to add to Affinity Publisher.  I find the process of dragging the spread to a specific location to be tedious for a larger document.  I can theoretically hold down the spread that I want to move and use my mouse scroll wheel to scroll to the location that I want, but half of the time, when I drop the spread to the new location, it'll arbitrarily put it somewhere else.  A bug perhaps?