You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My first try with Affinity Designer

DeyanApp

HI guys. This time something very ease, but I thing very good too. I start to doodle without idea what I want to do and after 30 minuets this is the result - little swimming koala in the big pool. I'm really proud with this, because I manage to fit in such short time. Usually i draw early at the morning before work and yesterday I have only 40 minutes. Hope you like it. Have a nice day.

4 hours ago, Pattou said:

I like your video :) ! If I may, just a bit fast for me ;)

Thanks Pattau. If you click on the Setting button and choose a speed option of 0.25 or 0.5 this will slow the video. I really want to make a more detailed video or tutorial, and I hope this will happen soon.

Hi guys,  this time I'm very satisfied from my drawing. First of all I think this one is really cool, but more importent I haved clear idea from the beginning what I want to draw and the final result is almost like that. And I think the colors in this piece is great. Hope you like it. Have a nice day.

Hi guys after some delay my first animated characters are here. The animations are not the best, they are only idle states with not polished easing, but I like it. I'm love with Affinity Designer Export persona -  the easiest work flow in any software that I use. Also thank you Serif for the out of the box support of Spine export :10_wink:

Thank you, that is very kind! I think my Affinity skills can develop even more. My main goal is to do what I like. These videos are part of that. Actually, my main idea is to develop professionally-looking art and animations for my new games (I have been working as a game programmer for almost a decade).

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 11:53 PM, DeyanApp said:

After few tutorials this is my second attempt. The little ninja character is totally rip-off from random image that I found, but I just want to feel more comfortable with Affinity Designer, which starting to become one of my favourite software.

CookieNinjas.png

Hi there @DeyanApp!

Is that BG texture painted with raster brushes? I want to try texture like this in my next design. Is there a particular tutorial you watched for this effect? Great work!!!

Best!

Stephen :)

30 minutes ago, segts said:

Hi there @DeyanApp!

Is that BG texture painted with raster brushes? I want to try texture like this in my next design. Is there a particular tutorial you watched for this effect? Great work!!!

Best!

Stephen :)

Hi @segts,

No is not. It is gradient layer with noise colour fill as overlay. The layer is with 65% opacity. If you wish check the working file. 

Cheers!

CookieNinja.afdesign

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...