You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.7.0.98)

• Staff
1 hour ago, fde101 said:

The "Edit in Photo" option of Publisher is working,

Yes. Sorry I meant the Photo Persona in Publisher is not functioning yet. I did not understand and so did not answer correctly

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

p_mac

Please report software problems in their own thread whenever possible. It will be all too easy to miss bug reports once this thread is on social media and emails. Thank you

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I get the same error window as chilacho, p. 1 of this thread, but my Affinity Photo.app is in my Applications folder right next to the beta, which will not launch.

AP 1.7.3, MacOS 10.14.6 (usually latest of each, but not going to Catalina until more issues are resolved)

Mac Mini, Late 2012, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB; HD replaced with SSD

• Staff
12 minutes ago, LenC said:

I get the same error window as chilacho, p. 1 of this thread, but my Affinity Photo.app is in my Applications folder right next to the beta, which will not launch.

Is your Affinity Photo app from the Serif store or the Mac app store? If it's the Mac app store please tell us what version it says in "About"

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I believe the Mac. It says 1.6.7.

BTW, can the bought and the beta run simutaneously?

AP 1.7.3, MacOS 10.14.6 (usually latest of each, but not going to Catalina until more issues are resolved)

Further to my issue a couple of posts above, about not being able to launch the beta, it was possible to see the beta splash screen, and a dot under the icon in the Dock indicated that the program was active. After quitting the beta and launching AP 1.6.7, its (the latter's) splash screen was very persistent and did not go to gray background; in fact it persisted on top of an image of my own I loaded but finally went away when I clicked on it.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:51 AM, jeffkovitz said:

Was hoping a simple “view existing mask” would be added - makes it so much easier to edit adjust the mask.   Have a look at ON1 and Luminar.  It’s mindless in its use, amd very helpful. It can’t be that tough..,.

I definitly agree... View a mask is really use full. The On1 tool is really amazing and a similar tool for Luminosity masking would be a great improvement.

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Anyway, is there a release date for the Affinity Photo 1.7 for Windows ? I can't stand having a better support for X-Trans sensors....

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

9 hours ago, LenC said:

It says 1.6.7.

That is current.  Make sure it is in /Applications and was not moved somewhere else as moving it out of /Applications will prevent the beta from finding it.

9 hours ago, LenC said:

can the bought and the beta run simutaneously?

Yes, because I am doing that.

2 hours ago, C_Calmes said:

Anyway, is there a release date for the Affinity Photo 1.7 for Windows ? I can't stand having a better support for X-Trans sensors....

They are working on a bug that affects Windows 7 systems; that bug prevented the release on windows, so it will be avilable as soon as possible.

Best regards!

• Staff
7 hours ago, LenC said:

Further to my issue a couple of posts above, about not being able to launch the beta, it was possible to see the beta splash screen, and a dot under the icon in the Dock indicated that the program was active. After quitting the beta and launching AP 1.6.7, its (the latter's) splash screen was very persistent and did not go to gray background; in fact it persisted on top of an image of my own I loaded but finally went away when I clicked on it.

If you still do not have the new beta running, please make sure you have quit any running Photo build and then Open the beta version up with the CTRL key press and held down and reset your user settings. Hopefully then it can run up.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I closed 1.6.7 and do not have any other builds anywhere, so I performed the control/launch/clear procedure and got to the same blocking window as before (below). I closed that with cmd-Q and trashed the virtual disk with the beta download but on launching get to the same display with a different background. Should I download again? There was a lengthy checking procedure noted in a window during the first attempted launch so it's not likely the app file is corrupted.

1531666013_ScreenShot2018-11-16at9_12_57AM.thumb.png.237d61b1679ac6a39afb737a6e33a77d.png

Is this the place to let the developers know that you really don't like the new icons? >:(

And yes, i do like the new functionality offered in 1.7. So thanks very much for that!

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

• Staff
12 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

Is this the place to let the developers know that you really don't like the new icons? >:(

Nope. You could join this thread if you like

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
1 hour ago, LenC said:

I closed 1.6.7 and do not have any other builds anywhere, so I performed the control/launch/clear procedure and got to the same blocking window as before (below). I closed that with cmd-Q and trashed the virtual disk with the beta download but on launching get to the same display with a different background. Should I download again? There was a lengthy checking procedure noted in a window during the first attempted launch so it's not likely the app file is corrupted.

So the Mac App Store build needs to be in the Applications folder AND called "Affinity Photo" and nothing else, otherwise it cannot be found.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Maybe you can see something here that I don't.

1289281640_ScreenShot2018-11-16at11_45_33AM.png.933e449c12a76ce7be4a8a5bc5e2c659.png

• Staff
7 minutes ago, LenC said:

Maybe you can see something here that I don't.

1289281640_ScreenShot2018-11-16at11_45_33AM.png.933e449c12a76ce7be4a8a5bc5e2c659.png

I do not understand. That is the case that should work, sorry. @Andy Somerfield can you please suggest why this is not being recognised as a valid build please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Maybe the space between the two words in the app name got replaced by a non-breaking space?

:9_innocent:

If all else fails, could try trashing the app from the store and re-downloading to make sure nothing inside the app bundle is damaged.  It would be a long shot, but if no one comes up with a better idea...

Just curious LenC, why do you have .app following the application name?  Looking at my application folder, AP is labelled as Affinity Photo,  it isn't Affinity Photo.app.  I am not running Mojave and am curious about whether this is something in the new MacOS.