You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

100% processor - Affinity Photo

Hi,

i got this problem few times. After about 20 mnutes of simply work in AP (max 10 layers with masks and adjusments)

Intel i7-8750h 6 cores, anyone had this problem or maybe someone know how to solve it?

please check photo. here is only 1 backround layer, i had freeze during zoom, after check - processor 100%, its affinity reason or hardware? i bought this laptop 1 week ago

procesor.png

• Staff

Hi Nswspider,

Welcome to the forums :)

I can see that you have more than one document open. Do you get the same behaviour when you only have one open?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I dont noticed this situation i 1 document but mostly i open more than 1 document

I hope that you dont try tell me that Affinity Photo is software only for 1 document?

i have strong processor, in photosop i can open much more documents and layers and never noticed that problem 

i noticed the same topic with 100% processor on forum, also with i7 processor

yes, problem is also in single document but not each time, its apears random

i found on this forum a lot of the same problems, is in software side, not users, 

single document, more ram doesnt matter here. i bought software and cant use it as i want.

if i will buy ferrari and will drive 40km/h it will be fun with ride? no. the same is with affinity

on my prvious laptop with 8gh ram and i3 processor was ok with ram usage. AP and AD worked slower but cpu monitor was ok.

no on i7 and 32 ram is not good

i wrote in all this topic that people asked about patch to software, are you working on it and you know when it ill appear?

best regards

The problem is "marching ants," consuming a lot of processor power. Try Ctrl+H, or Esc.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

what version do you use?

I had problems with the selection tool and other tools in version 1.6.5.135, which might have been because of the same problems you encounter. (Not sure) I went back to version 1.6.5.123 and all problems disappeared.  My CPU never uses more than 3-4% or so on AP (10-15% total with an I7 processor), no matter how complex the image or how big the colony of marching ants for a selection and not even when I have 5 -10 files open in AP

Don't know if one is related to the other, but I am wondering though why you use such a huge amount of memory. Even with several other programs open, I rarely use half of what your computer consumed, and I have all kinds of programs running in the background. (some voluntarily, some not) Do you have a utility to clean up your computer, like from system mechanics, or Norton?  I think I would close all the programs you can and see if the problem persists (process of elimination) 

that should be - this is from photoshop. max 10% of CPU and as you see PS are not in list proceses which eat CPU (i worked today in PS 3h constant, max 10% CPU)

Please help me with this, i cant use AP longer than 30min-1h. I wrote about my fromblem on few groups but noone cant help, Everybody wrote that i need contact in this forum but problem is that in formum noone can or noone want help me

like i said i noticed on this forum that im not alone with this problem

ps.png

• Staff

Hi Nswspider,

Sorry for the delayed response,

Please could you try our latest beta build found below to see if this gives you better performance?

Thanks

Callum

• Staff
On 11/21/2018 at 11:17 AM, nswspider said:

for now is ok but is to early to say something. i posted bug in this topic, gradient tool is suks :P

Have you had any crashes since making this post?

100% CPU ussage solved on beta. i dont get this problem nice 1 week but i have another problem. noone can onep files saved in this beta 1.7 version
another thing is that photosop cant see clipping masks, adjustments saved in 1,7beta AP

EDIT: i made the same file in Designer 1,6,5. exported as psd. Photoshop see only flat layers. no adjustment, clipping mask to edit :/